Five UTV sizes will give enthusiasts more options for performance and durability
GREENVILLE, S.C., Aug. 1, 2018 — UTV enthusiasts have new options for improving their vehicle performance. The BFGoodrich® Mud-Terrain T/A® KM3, the brand’s toughest off-road tire yet, is now available in popular UTV sizes.
The BFGoodrich® Mud-Terrain T/A® KM3 tire launched for street-legal vehicles such as trucks, Jeeps and SUVs in June. The new UTV options bring the KM3’s toughness and traction to the growing UTV segment in North America.
The newly available sizes were engineered for sport and multipurpose UTVs. Built with steel-belted radial construction and adapted from race-proven technology designed for Baja 1000-winning tires, the new UTV offerings balance maximum toughness with minimal weight.
Made to Mud
The BFGoodrich® Mud-Terrain T/A® KM3 features “Mud-Phobic” bars on the tire’s shoulders that are designed to release compacted mud for enhanced traction in muddy or soft soil conditions. The tire’s Terrain-Attack tread pattern includes massive tread blocks designed to deliver incredible grip from any angle of approach.
Built to Climb
The UTV-specific tread compound in the BFGoodrich® Mud-Terrain T/A® KM3 is designed to deliver enhanced grip on rock and other slick surfaces. The tire’s Linear Flex Zone allows it to envelop objects at reduced inflation for even more grip when climbing. The Traction-Armor Sidewall Sculpture and notched shoulder design also boost traction capabilities in soft soil and mud.
Created to Conquer
The BFGoodrich® Mud-Terrain T/A® KM3 was designed to conquer the toughest off-road challenges with extreme sidewall protection, pinch shock resistance and chip-and-tear resistance on gravel.
The UTV sizes available immediately include:
· 20X10.00R14 NHS (max load 1,557 lbs. at 44 psi / 910 lbs. at 18 psi)
· 30X10.00R14 NHS (max load 1,760 lbs. at 44 psi / 1,034 lbs. at 18 psi)
· 30X10.00R15 NHS (max load 1,694 lbs. at 44 psi / 1,015 lbs. at 18 psi)
In November 2018, two additional sizes will be available:
· 32×10.00R14 NHS (max load 2,002 lbs. at 44 psi / 1,172 lbs. at 18 psi)
· 32×10.00R15 NHS (max load 1,936 lbs. at 44 psi / 1,150 lbs. at 18 psi)
The MSRP for the UTV KM3 tires starts at $168 and varies by size. BFGoodrich® Mud-Terrain T/A® KM3 UTV tires are for off-road use and are not DOT-approved for use on public roads.
BFGoodrich created the radial all-terrain and mud-terrain categories. With more than 40 years of category leadership for off-road tires, BFGoodrich has won more SCORE Baja desert racing championships than all other competitors combined — and continues to regularly use such desert races as real-world laboratories to improve tire technology. A look at the brand’s mud-tire history demonstrates nearly four decades of progressing technology:
· 1980: BFGoodrich debuts the world’s first radial light-truck performance tire, the radial Mud-Terrain T/A®.
· 1984: BFGoodrich introduces 35-inch radial Mud-Terrain T/A®, the tallest light-truck tire in the world.
· 1988: Second-generation radial Mud-Terrain T/A® is launched.
· 1993: BFGoodrich releases the Moab Edition Mud-Terrain T/A®.
· 2001: Third-generation Mud-Terrain T/A® KM makes its debut.
· 2007: Fourth-generation Mud-Terrain T/A® KM2 is introduced.
· 2018: Fifth-generation Mud-Terrain T/A® KM3 is launched globally, and includes UTV sizes.
About BFGoodrich® Tires
With more than 100 years of heritage, BFGoodrich® Tires is dedicated to providing high-performance tires for those who have a passion for driving in virtually any environment. Combining technical expertise with 45 years of motorsports experience, BFGoodrich delivers tires for a full range of driving experiences, from ultra-high performance on the street to off-road terrain with one common theme — extreme performance. Learn more at www.BFGoodrichTires.com, www.BFGoodrichRacing.com, on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/BFGoodrichTires or on Twitter and Instagram at @BFGoodrichTires.